Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools Office – 2017-12 LCAP and Annual Update
Please review the TCSOS LCAP 2017_2020 Final
Public Hearing: June 12, 2017
Adoption: June 19, 2017
Please direct all questions to Superintendent Marguerite D. Bulkin at email@example.com
List of Stakeholder meetings:
The LCAP is an important component of the LCFF. Under the LCFF all LEAs are required to prepare an LCAP, which describes how they intend to meet annual goals for all pupils, with specific activities to address state and local priorities identified pursuant to EC Section 52060(d).
A requirement in the development of the LCAP is to solicit input from parents, teachers, students, local bargaining units, staff and other community members in regard to what they think which goals would be most effective for implementation in schools toward reaching state priorities.
EC sections 52060 and 52066 specify that the LCAP must include a description of the annual goals to be achieved for each student group for each state priority. Goals must address each of the state priorities and any additional local priorities; however, one goal may address multiple priorities. An LEA may identify which school sites and subgroups have the same goals, and group and describe those goals together. If a single goal requires longer than one year to implement fully, the LCAP should reflect the annual incremental actions, services, and expenditures, as well as the annual anticipated progress, that the district expects to achieve for each student group. These annual benchmarks will assist LEAs and the community to monitor the progress of the plan.
As noted above, there are eight state priority areas for which school districts, with parent and community input, must establish goals and actions:
- Providing all students access to fully credentialed teachers, instructional materials that align with state standards, and safe facilities.
- Implementation of California’s academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards in English language arts and math, Next Generation Science Standards, English language development, history social science, visual and performing arts, health education and physical education standards.
- Parent involvement and participation, so the local community is engaged in the decision-making process and the educational programs of students.
- Improving student achievement and outcomes along multiple measures, including test scores, English proficiency and college and career preparedness.
- Supporting student engagement, including whether students attend school or are chronically absent.
- Highlighting school climate and connectedness through a variety of factors, such as suspension and expulsion rates and other locally identified means.
- Ensuring all students have access to classes that prepare them for college and careers, regardless of what school they attend or where they live.
- Measuring other important student outcomes related to required areas of study, including physical education and the arts.
There are two additional priority areas required to be addressed by County Schools Offices:
Expelled pupils (for county offices of education only): coordination of instruction of expelled pupils pursuant to Education Code section 48926. (Priority 9)
Foster youth (for county offices of education only): coordination of services, including working with the county child welfare agency to share information, responding to the needs of the juvenile court system, and ensuring transfer of health and education records. (Priority 10)
LCAP STAKEHOLDER MEETING SCHEDULE
Tuolumne County School Districts – 2016-2019 Approved LCAPs
Tuolumne County School District – 2015 – 2018 Approved LCAPs
Tuolumne County School District – 2014 Approved LCAPs
Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools – 2015-18 FINAL LCAP – Board & State Approved
Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools – 2014-15 FINAL LCAP – Board & State Approved
Charter School LCAPs – 2015
Charter School LCAPs – 2014
LCAP Development Meeting February 2017
LCAP Development Meeting 1/11/2017
LCAP Development Meeting 12/6/2016
LCAP Development Meeting 9/29/16
Proposed template: lcap-template_proposed-for-adoption-2016
State and Federal Program Update: state-and-federal-programs-2016
LCFF Rubrics – Indicators: sept_sbe_supplemental_handout
Mock up Samples: lcff-lcap-eval-rubrics
Full ESSA Presentation: sep16item02slides
LCAP Development Meeting 5/24/16
LCAP Development Meeting 2/2/16
LCAP Development Meeting 9/22/15