Board Mission and Vision
The Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools Office desires to provide a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that motivates every student to succeed. The educational program shall provide students with opportunities to attain the skills, knowledge, and abilities they need to be successful in school and develop to their full potential.
We Believe That:
- Within the framework of a democratic society, that society is best served by an educated citizenry and that educational resources should be available to all persons.
- Every student should be offered an opportunity for an education which would enable his/her fullest development as a person.
- Each individual’s educational opportunities should be determined by his/her ability, growth and maturity.
- The inherent worth of each individual must be of highest consideration in the educational process.
- The educational process should provide each individual with opportunities to view all facets of a question and to form an opinion based on all probabilities.
- The educational process should provide each individual the opportunity to appreciate the contributions of all cultural heritages.
- Education should provide every student with the knowledge necessary to contribute positively toward the betterment of society.
Board Goals for 2018-2019
- The Board will adopt its mission, vision and long-range priorities in collaboration with the Superintendent by developing goals and a mission and vision statement for 2018-2019 based on two priorities: engagement and advocacy.
- The Board will actively engage in advocacy by encouraging constituents to participate in the LCAP stakeholder input process through workshops,
trainings, and/or community outreach.
- The Board will encourage its members to attend district meetings with the intent of promoting workshops, charter school issues, and education within the county by distributing the new brochure and possibly sharing a short slide presentation at District meetings.
- The Board will establish a standing Budget Committee to gain a greater understanding of the budget process.
- The Board will work to establish a responsible policy to allow for increases to the Reserve for Economic Uncertainty.
Board Member WorkshopsBoard Member Workshop and Training Schedule for 2017-2018.
All district board members are invited to attend these board member training workshops. All workshop/training sessions will be held at TCSOS, room 217. RSVP required to email@example.com