TLC - Tuolumne Learning CenterProviding educational options for students.
Alternative Education Options
The Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools Office operates the following alternative education options for eligible students:
- Community School (Middle and High School)
- Independent Study
- Court School (Gold Ridge Educational Center)
TCSOS Alternative Education High School Graduation Requirements
Required Courses and Credits:
- English (grade 9, 10, 11, 12) – 40 credits
- Mathematics – 20 credits
- Physical Science (Earth Science) – 10 credits
- Biological Science (Life Science) – 10 credits
- World History Geography – 10 credits
- United States History – 10 credits
- American Government – 5 credits
• Physical science and biological science courses offered through Alternative Education do not include a lab science component, and do not meet UC/CSU A-G requirements.
• At least one mathematics course, or a combination of the two mathematics courses required for completion in grades 9 – 12, shall meet or exceed state academic standards for Algebra I or Integrated Math I.
• Completion, prior to grade 9, of algebra coursework that meets or exceeds state academic content standards shall satisfy the algebra coursework requirement, but shall not exempt a student from the requirement to complete two mathematics course in grades 9 – 12.
Policy Reference: BP 5127, BP6146.1
- Economics – 5 credits
- Fine Arts/World Language/Career Tech Ed – 10 credits
- Physical Education – 20 credits
- Life Skills including Health – 10 credits
- Career Tech Ed – 10 credits
- Electives – 60 credits
Total Credits for Graduation – 220 credits
Tuolumne Learning Center
Tuolumne Learning Center
610 S. Washington Street Sonora, CA 95370
Community School (Grades 6 – 12)
The purpose of County Community School is to provide an education to students who are referred by a School Attendance Review Board or by probation, homeless/sheltered, or expelled from their school of residence. County Community School’s educational programs are characteristically student-centered and adapted to meet individual needs. In addition to credit recovery, students are provided independent life skills, positive self-concepts, counseling, and effective relationships with others.
- Students attend for a maximum of two semesters before returning to their home school.
- The instructional day is 240 minutes (4 hours) of instruction 7:45 am – 12:00 pm, daily during the school year (August – June).
- Three full time teachers/counselors staff the Community School program from 7:30 am – 2:30 pm.
- An average of 12 students, grades 6 – 12, are served annually (1:4 teacher/student ratio).
Gold Ridge Educational Center
The County Schools Office offers an independent study program for eligible students. Independent Study students meet at least once a week, one on one, with an instructor for 2 hours.
610 S. Washington Street, Sonora, CA 95370
Teacher: Julie Johnson, email@example.com
Reports and Information
TCSOS LCAP 2017_2020 FInal
Independent Study Information Booklet
Student Eligibility Notice
Uniform Complain Procedure
Community School SARC Spanish
Cal Safe SARC
Community School SARC
Cal Safe SARC Spanish
Comprehensive School Safety Plan adopted 03_2016
LCAP TCSOS 2016_17 FINAL for Board Approval_06_03_16 corrected 06_25_16
Expelled Youth Plan 2015_18