Instructional Quality and Professional Development
The Educational Services department operates a wide variety of opportunities and activities that focus on improving the quality of education in Tuolumne County in local school districts. The focus is on the classroom teacher and students in order to optimize and improve educational opportunities for all. Responsibilities to the districts include:
- Provide curriculum consultant services to school districts under 901 ADA
- Coordinate professional development for certificated and classified staff members
- Facilitate articulation and linkages among K-14 schools and districts
- Support mechanisms for inter-agency and community-wide collaboration
- Make connections to regional and statewide curriculum resources
Contact Cathy Parker, Deputy Superintendent, for more information.
Professional Development Opportunities
K-2 NGSS Implementation Team members register here K-2 Registration
3-5 NGSS Implementation Team members register here 3-5 Registration
6-8 NGSS Implementation Team members register here 6-8 Registration
The Delta Sierra Science Collaborative includes teacher representatives from Tuolumne County (Bi Oak Flat Groveland, Columbia Elementary, Summerville Elementary, Summerville High School, and TCSOS ), Calaveras, Amador and Stanislaus Counties. Teachers are immersed in professional development activities that are then disseminated across the multi-county region. For more information, contact Cathy Parker at email@example.com.
The lead writers of the ELA/ELD Framework – Pam Spycher, Hallie Yopp Slowik, and Nancy Brynelson – share important understandings in the framework, including instructional strategies that support the goals of the CA CCSS for ELA/Literacy and the CA ELD Standards. (Presented on September 17, 2014.) Webinar