Select Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Before contacting us, please browse our FAQs.
How do I learn about job openings at TCSOS?

We are always looking for qualified individuals to help increase our students knowledge and stuff. Please visit our Employment page or check out

Must my child be immunized in order to attend public school?

All children under eighteen years of age that enter a California public or private elementary or secondary school for the first time or transfer between schools must present a written immunization record that includes at least the month and year of receipt of each dose of required vaccines (or an exemption to the immunization requirements). Otherwise, the child will not be allowed to attend school.

Can a child who turns 5 after December 2 start Transitional Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year?

No. Pursuant to EC 48000(c), a child is eligible for TK if the child will have his or her fifth birthday between September 2 and December 2.

However, pursuant to EC 48000(b), local education agencies (LEAs) may enroll children in TK or kindergarten on or after their 5th birthday, on a case-by-case basis, if the governing board determines that the admittance is in the best interests of the child, and the parent or guardian is given information regarding the advantages and disadvantages, and any other explanatory information about the effect of this early admittance. Therefore, students cannot attend school at the beginning of the school year, and cannot be admitted or attend school until they have attained the age of 5, and then Average Daily Attendance (ADA) can be claimed for these “late start” students on the day of their admittance.

If I suspect my child may need special education services, how do I proceed?

You have the right to refer your child for special education services. You must give informed, written consent before your child’s first special education assessment can proceed. The parent has at least fifteen (15) days from the receipt of the proposed assessment plan to arrive at a decision. The assessment may begin immediately upon receipt of the consent and must be completed and an IEP developed within sixty (60) days of your consent.

What do I do if I want to enroll my child in a neighboring district within the County?

A request to enroll a child in a district outside their attendance district shall be made by initiating and requesting an interdistrict attendance permit from the district of residence and conditional upon the approval of both the district of residence and the desired district of attendance.