COVID-19 Get Connected!
Connectivity is important to use online resources and effective distance learning. If you do not have Internet access, see the information below.
Getting Internet Access: Available Plans
The California Department of Education has compiled a list of special offers extended by various Internet providers throughout the state.
You may qualify for affordable, Home Internet if you are participating in one of the following programs:
- Child Enrolled in the NSLP (National School Lunch Program)
- CalFresh (food stamps) or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance
- Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability
- Insurance (SSDI)
Or Have a Household Income Under $40,000/year
For more information see the following website: www.everyoneon.org/tcsos
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating from home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.