TCSOS EMPLOYEES ONLY
“Life is short, Stretch it.” Anonymous
Yoga allows our bodies much needed physical activity and provides a wonderful break for the mind from the constant thinking and busyness we experience as we go about our daily tasks.
Practicing Yoga relieves tension in areas of the body that suffer from prolonged sitting, such as the neck shoulders, lower back, and hips.
Yoga releases stress and tension while increasing balance, flexibility and a greater sense of well-being.
This is about you getting on your mat and doing what you are able to do and breathing through and accepting what you cannot do.
- Drink plenty of water prior to class.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Know your own limits. You are encouraged to practice safe and let the instructor know if you have any injuries, limitations, or any personal concerns.
- Take rest or water whenever you need it, always listen to your own body.
No yoga experience is necessary; just come with an open mind and the willingness to be still and present with yourself. Tap into newfound energy, and make some awesome friends along the way.
What to Bring
- Yoga mat (let us know if you need to borrow one)
Benefits of Workplace Yoga
- Improves focus, decision making and problem-solving, memory, and mental clarity
- Increases productivity, creativity, energy, and morale
- Relieves insomnia, fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome, high blood pressure, headaches, and stress that leads to frequent illnesses
- Team bonding. Yoga classes are a great way to allow team members to participate in an enjoyable activity together and build stronger relationships with one another. Yoga also influences us to be kinder.
- Stretches and postures to promote better alignment and strength
- Breathing for greater health and well-being
- Deep relaxation and quiet time/meditation for mental clarity
This class incorporates fluid movement with breath in each posture to build strength, focus, balance, and flexibility. The exercises are suitable for everyone regardless of their age or level of fitness as modifications are offered for each exercise allowing everyone to practice at their own pace. After actively moving the body, the class ends with a relaxation. This allows the benefits of the physical exercises to be integrated into the energetic body as well as promoting deep relaxation of the body and mind. Expect to slow down. You may find that you leave class feeling better than when you arrived in a way you can’t quite describe. You may find yoga demanding in ways you had not expected, and certain things may sound funny or weird. That’s ok!
Start where you are and allow your practice to unfold. We are here to guide you and are always available to answer questions.