The Hour of Code
An Hour of Code for every student
December 6-12, 2021
The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. Anyone, anywhere can organize an Hour of Code event. One-hour tutorials are available in over 40 languages. No experience needed. Ages 4 to 104.
Student programming a Dash Robot with the Tickle App.
Resources & Apps
The following are links to websites and Apps to help you find your way through the Hour of Code. By far, not an exhaustive list of resources for learning to code, but a great place to start.
Hour of Code
- December 6-12, 2021
- Tickle App
- SPRK (Students|Parents|Robots|Kids)
- Wonder Workshop (Dash & Dot)
- Formerly BYOB (build your own blocks)
- For those of you who’d like to relive 1981
- App Development Tools and Games for Kids to Learn Programming [Verizon]
The following tools (toys) allow students to bridge the gap between the digital world of CODE and physical THINGS.
- KEVA Planks
- Dash & Dot
- Sphero / Sphero SPRK edition / BB8 / Ollie
- Parrot Mini Drones
- DJI Phantom 3 Pro
- Arduino Bean
- Arduino Uno