Board of Education
- Approves policies, regulations, and curriculum for the schools and educational programs operated by TCSOS
- Approves the annual budget of TCSOS and sets the County Superintendent of Schools’ salary
- Receives an annual audit of TCSOS’s budget
- Serves as an appeal board for the adjudication of expulsion appeals, interdistrict attendance appeals, and charter schools
- Advocates on behalf of education on the county, state, and national level
- Informs local communities about the programs and achievements of TCSOS
Area 1: Sonora Elementary School District except for a portion south of Highway 108, and excluding the Mill Villa, Gibbs Estates, and Valponi Acres area.
Area 2: Columbia and Belleview School Districts.
Area 3: Summerville High District, Summerville Elementary School District, and a portion of Soulsbyville School District south of Highway 108.
Area 4: Big Oak Flat-Groveland Unified School District and a portion of Curtis Creek School District south of Highway 108.
Area 5: Jamestown School district and the portion of the Sonora Elementary School District within the Mill Villa, Gibbs, and Valponi precincts.
Area 6: Twain Harte School District.
Area 7: Portions of Curtis Creek and Soulsbyville Elementary School Districts north of Highway 108.