Select Page




The TCSOS Credentialing Services provide the following:

  • Recruitment and publication of the Substitute Teachers List for use by public schools within Tuolumne County.
  • Review certification assignments in Tuolumne County to ensure instructors are teaching in positions for which they are properly credentialed. This complies with state legislation (Education Code) and regulation (California Code of Regulations, Title 5).
  • Process new applications and assist with renewals as necessary.
  • Advise out-of-state applicants regarding California certification.
  • Advise teachers regarding requirements for additional certification.
  • Transcript evaluation.
  • Applications for emergency permits.

Credentialing Services Contacts

Andi Thomas
Human Resources Analyst II



Obtain an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Permit

The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12 inclusive, or in classes organized primarily for adults. The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year. This permit is valid for one year and is renewable.

Visit our Substitute Teaching page to learn how to obtain a substitute teaching permit. 

Apply for a Certificate of Clearance

Assembly Bill 1918 requires a Certificate of Clearance on file at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing before activating any Temporary County Certificate. To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete Live Scan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teacher Credentialing website.


Change Your Name

To update your name with the Commission, it is necessary to complete and submit form 41-NC along with all the requested documentation. Access the form online and submit it to our office or send it directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing at 1900 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811-4213.


Get a Copy of Your Credential

The CTC no longer prints nor mails a physical document to credential or permit holders. If you need a physical copy of your credential or permit, you must print a copy from the CTC website.


Renew a Credential/Permit Online

You can renew your document up to one year before the expiration date. Renewing early allows enough time for the document to be granted and downloaded to our payroll system.


Transfer an Out of State Teaching Credential to California

California has a two-tier credential structure. Learn more about the requirements to teach in California if you are an educator was has been trained in a different state or country. Contact Andi Thomas at or 209-536-2015 for more information.



links & resources

Check your Application Status

on the CTC website

Update your Educator Profile

on the CTC website

General Questions

about credentialing requirements