The Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools and the County Board of Education host event to honor outstanding educators in Tuolumne County
After two years of virtual celebrations, TCSOS and the County Board of Education hosted the annual Excellence in Teaching and Career Achievement Awards. Held Tuesday, April 26, 2022, at Teleli Golf Club, the event honored teachers from every school district in Tuolumne County. Each awardee has gained the respect and admiration of the education community for their dedication, enthusiasm, and professional standards and who, by their exemplary careers, have served as role models to students.
We have hosted this event since 1979, and the last two years have been the most challenging in over 100 years of education. Thank you, teachers, for the dedication, compassion, and perseverance you have shown during these extraordinary times. Your students, parents, community, and colleagues are truly grateful.
Along with honoring this year’s award recipients, TCSOS and the County Board of Education recognized winners from 2020 and 2021.
The recipient of the 2022 Career Achievement Award is Julie Chaffee. This award is given annually to a veteran teacher who has made a lifelong commitment to public education, students, and the community.
The 2022 Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients are:
- Mahaila Ford – ATCAA-Head Start
- Chase Bulkin – Belleview Elementary
- Melissa Stegall – Big Oak Flat/Groveland
- Shary Trent – Columbia Elementary
- Kathy Kenna – Columbia College
- Tyler Vogel – Curtis Creek
- Lisa Breaux – Gold Rush Charter
- Loraine Lewis – Jamestown Elementary
- Catherine Acly – Sierra Adult School
- Kelli O’Brien – Sonora Elementary
- Will Sarkisian – Sonora High School
- Danielle Riley – Soulsbyville Elementary
- Kevin Williams – Summerville Elementary
- Leah Gissler – Summerville High
- Bonnie Cozad – TCSOS
- Elisa Villa-Root – Twain Harte Elementary
The 2022 Career Achievement Award Recipient is:
- Julie Chaffee – Sonora Elementary
For more details about the awards and a complete list of winners since 1979, visit our Excellence in Teaching Awards website.
The TCSOS Main Office Building will be closed on Monday, January 30, from 8 AM to 10 AM.
TCSOS student programs and offices will be closed on Monday, February 13 and 20, in observance of Lincoln’s Birthday and Presidents’ Day.
One or more $15,000 scholarships available this year
All Tuolumne County Schools and TCSOS buildings will be closed on Monday, January 16, 2023, in observance of the holiday.