The Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools and the County Board of Education host event to honor outstanding educators in Tuolumne County
After two years of virtual celebrations, TCSOS and the County Board of Education hosted the annual Excellence in Teaching and Career Achievement Awards. Held Tuesday, April 26, 2022, at Teleli Golf Club, the event honored teachers from every school district in Tuolumne County. Each awardee has gained the respect and admiration of the education community for their dedication, enthusiasm, and professional standards and who, by their exemplary careers, have served as role models to students.
We have hosted this event since 1979, and the last two years have been the most challenging in over 100 years of education. Thank you, teachers, for the dedication, compassion, and perseverance you have shown during these extraordinary times. Your students, parents, community, and colleagues are truly grateful.
Along with honoring this year’s award recipients, TCSOS and the County Board of Education recognized winners from 2020 and 2021.
The recipient of the 2022 Career Achievement Award is Julie Chaffee. This award is given annually to a veteran teacher who has made a lifelong commitment to public education, students, and the community.
The 2022 Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients are:
- Mahaila Ford – ATCAA-Head Start
- Chase Bulkin – Belleview Elementary
- Melissa Stegall – Big Oak Flat/Groveland
- Shary Trent – Columbia Elementary
- Kathy Kenna – Columbia College
- Tyler Vogel – Curtis Creek
- Lisa Breaux – Gold Rush Charter
- Loraine Lewis – Jamestown Elementary
- Catherine Acly – Sierra Adult School
- Kelli O’Brien – Sonora Elementary
- Will Sarkisian – Sonora High School
- Danielle Riley – Soulsbyville Elementary
- Kevin Williams – Summerville Elementary
- Leah Gissler – Summerville High
- Bonnie Cozad – TCSOS
- Elisa Villa-Root – Twain Harte Elementary
The 2022 Career Achievement Award Recipient is:
- Julie Chaffee – Sonora Elementary
For more details about the awards and a complete list of winners since 1979, visit our Excellence in Teaching Awards website.
Funds Will Make Higher Education More Accessible for California Families
California State Library provides live, 24/7 online tutoring and homework help in every K-12 subject
Effective September 17, 2022, unvaccinated school employees will no longer have to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as previously mandated by the public health order.
The TCSOS building and all educational programs will be fully operational today and open as scheduled. Please note that there may be some road closures near the TCSOS building.