The Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools and the County Board of Education are pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s Excellence in Teaching Award who were recognized at the Annual Boards of Trustees Dinner on Tuesday, April 25, 2023.
- April France – ATCAA-Head Start
- Allen Aldridge – Belleview Elementary
- Jodi Richey – Big Oak Flat-Groveland
- Jessica Mathews – Columbia Elementary
- Thomas Hofstra – Columbia College
- Tamara Hansen – Curtis Creek Elementary
- Corynne Zavoda – Gold Rush Charter
- Holly Hutchins – Jamestown Elementary
- Teri Cox – Sierra Adult School
- Leslie Bloom – Sonora Elementary
- Matt Devol – Sonora High School
- Jennifer Lewicki – Soulsbyville Elementary
- Bob Haycock – Summerville Elementary
- Erika Caldera – Summerville High School
- Sarah Reid – TCSOS
- Paula Broveleit – Twain Harte Elementary
The Excellence in Teaching Award is awarded annually by the Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools and the County Board of Education to recognize and appreciate those teachers who have gained the respect and admiration of their fellow teachers for their dedication, enthusiasm, and professional standards.
We are also pleased to announce the winner of this year’s Career Achievement Award, Ms. Emily Hanchett of Big Oak Flat/Groveland. The Career Achievement Award recognizes veteran teachers who have made lifelong contributions to students, educators, and their communities and who, by their exemplary careers, have served as role models to students, coworkers, and the community. Emily has worked for the Big Oak Flat/Groveland District for 25 years in multiple capacities and is retiring at the end of this school year.
The Tuolumne County Board of Education is proud of all the educators in the county and would like to acknowledge the dedication, hard work, and passion they put in every single day. They are the ones who inspire, encourage, and guide our students to reach their full potential, and we owe them a great deal of gratitude.