California State Library provides live, 24/7 online tutoring and homework help in every K-12 subject
In a major step to provide all Californians with access to equitable learning opportunities, Governor Gavin Newsom announced that every Californian can now receive live, 24/7 online tutoring and homework help in every K-12 subject with Brainfuse HelpNow. Brainfuse has provided supplemental educational services for over twenty years, including online homework help, practice tests, study tools, and collaborative tools.
As part of California’s historic investment in public libraries, all California residents now have access to Brainfuse HelpNow free online tutoring. Students communicate with live tutors using an interactive whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy/paste text or images, and graph homework problems. Live tutors are available 24 hours a day via any device that connects to the internet. Brainfuse tutors are familiar with California content standards and curriculum frameworks. Brainfuse offers assistance in math, science, language arts, and other core K-12 subjects in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Tagalog. There’s no age limit to who can use the service. Adult learners will also have access to writing assistance, citizenship resources, and other skill-building tools. To access Brainfuse HelpNow visit: https://main_castatehelpnow_ca.svc.brainfuse.com/authenticate.asp.
HelpNow’s features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
In addition to live help, there are supplemental tools designed to assist with all aspects of learning. The Writing Lab and the 24/7 Question Center give users the freedom to get assistance any time of day without having to connect with a live tutor. Users can submit papers through the Writing Lab for detailed feedback. The 24/7 Question Center is for non-writing assignments such as math or science questions. Brainfuse HelpNow also offers study and collaborative learning tools.
“Not every family can afford a private tutor. Now through the CA State Library – Brainfuse HelpNow program, every Californian can get free online tutoring. HelpNow tutors will assist all learners from Kindergartners on up build thinking and problem-solving skills. Without giving answers, tutors help students with their homework challenges, and guide them to the right solution,” said Jack Rothstein, Brainfuse Library Services Director.
This project was supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
This year’s winning team is Summerville High School, which will receive the perpetual plaque and advance to the state competition.
The TCSOS Main Office Building will be closed on Monday, January 30, from 8 AM to 10 AM.
TCSOS student programs and offices will be closed on Monday, February 13 and 20, in observance of Lincoln’s Birthday and Presidents’ Day.
One or more $15,000 scholarships available this year