History DayEvery year National History Day® frames students’ research within a historical theme. The theme is chosen for the broad application to world, national, or state history and its relevance to ancient history or to the more recent past. The 2019-2020 theme is Breaking Barriers in History.
Coaches Meeting: Thursday, January 9, 2020. 3:45pm, TCSOS, Room 209
March 2, 2020
- Due to Tuolumne County Schools Office by 4:00 PM
- All student completed official entry forms, process papers, title page and annotated bibliographies.
- All Historical Paper Entries (3 photo copies)
March 3, 2020
- A judging appointment schedule will be emailed to schools with entries in Performance, Website, or Documentary. Students may be required to be present at the appointed time on March 18th.
March 16, 2020
- Exhibits registered at the Exhibit Site (Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools Office or Mother Lode Fairgournds) 3:00-6:00pm
- No exceptions
March 17, 2020
- Exhibits, performances, documentaries, websites and posters judged all day. Performance, documentary and website entries will be interviewed at the time of their presentation.
March 17, 2020
- Schools will be EMAILED the names of the top three entries in the categories.
- Public viewing 3:00pm – 7pm.
- Awards Ceremony, 7:00pm – Public is welcome.
- Removal of all materials immediately after the awards Ceremony. This is the responsibility of the school, exhibits not removed by 7:30pm will be discarded.
March 27, 2020
- State Competition on-line registration closes and county fees due.
April 15, 2020
- Permission slips with registration fees due. Historical Papers and Websites due to the State. The top two winners in each category at the County Competition from Novice, Junior, Senior Divisions are eligible to go on to California History competition.
May 8-10, 2020
- William Jessup University, Rocklin Campus
June 14-18, 2020
- National History Day University of Maryland, College Park