History DayNational History Day welcomes you to explore the theme, Exploration, Encounter, Exchange in History, during the 2015- 2016 academic year. This theme is broad enough in scope to encourage investigation of topics ranging from local to world history and across any geographic area or time period. Consider this theme an invitation to look across time, space, and geography to find examples in history of when people took a risk and made a change.
- A judging appointment schedule will be faxed to schools with entries in Performance, Website, or Documentary. Students may be required to be present at the appointed time on March 30th.
- Exhibits registered at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds, John Muir Bldg., 3:00-6:00pm
- No exceptions
- Exhibits, performances, documentaries, websites and posters judged all day. Performance, documentary and website entries will be interviewed at the time of their presentation.
- Schools will be FAXED the names of the top three entries in the categories.
- Public viewing 3:00pm – 7pm.
- Awards Ceremony, 7:00pm – Public is welcome.
- Removal of all materials immediately after the awards Ceremony. This is the responsibility of the school, exhibits not removed by 7:30pm will be discarded.
- State Competition on-line registration closes and county fees due.
- Permission slips with registration fees due. Historical Papers and Websites due to the State. The top two winners in each category at the County Competition from Novice, Junior, Senior Divisions are eligible to go on to California History competition.
May 6 – 7
- State History Day at the Riverside Convention Center
June 12 – 16
- National History Day University of Maryland